Kalamazoo Tradition Since 1909

The Kalamazoo Country Club was incorporated as a stock company on January 13, 1909. The existing KCC property was purchased from Albert R. White for $12,000 dollars on May 24, 1909. This rolling farmland is located on the north side of Whites Lake extending 50 acres to Whites Road. Additional property was purchased over the years to accommodate our championship golf course, racquet sports, pool, and clubhouse facilities.


The first nine-hole golf course was opened and put into play in the summer of 1910. While the golf course was under construction, the members used a temporary four-hole course.  BC Dickinson, House Chairman, supervised the design and construction of a Clubhouse that included both men’s and women’s locker rooms.

On September 11, 1922, the Club purchased land extending west to Oakland Drive for the second nine holes. They were built and put into play in 1923, giving KCC a full 18-hole course. In the fall of 1927, a topographical survey of the Club property was obtained preliminary to a new watering system for all greens, tees and fairways, as well as for the Clubhouse gardens. In 1930, a comprehensive irrigation plan was supervised & completed by BC Dickinson and adopted by the Board of Governors. He also supervised the engineering and construction of the Kalamazoo City on West South Street.